Time for something special
The historic roots of our Boutiquehotel in Glorenza extend back so far into the past that by and large, only word-of-mouth records of the laying of the foundations have survived the passage of time.
The building had already been built by the late Gothic period, as a fortified aristocratic residence in the heart of the Venosta Valley.
The knight Reinprecht von Hendl rebuilt the previous three-floor building into his residence in 1562. Over the subsequent centuries, the “Hohe Haus” was rebuilt several times. It opened as a guest house for the first time in around 1880. Since then, the building has enchanted its guests with its interiors shaped by history and its countless architectural charms.
A stylish structure, today’s hotel forms part of a larger ensemble of buildings located around the historic city centre of Glorenza. In order not to lose the medieval charm of the building, additions embody a straight-forward, plain architectural style. The greatest challenge lay in integrating modern, contemporary indoor life into the existing walls.
Modern. Individual. Original.